Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

AKA-my birthday! 28 years ago (on a Friday the 13th), I came into the world. So how did I commemorate this joyous occasion?

First thing this morning, I had a job interview. THAT was a fun way to kick off the day. It actually went well until I found out it was a part time position. I decided to go ahead and leave myself in the running. It would be great experience and it's a good company.

After I spent nearly an hour driving home because of a wreck on the highway and my general lack of knowhow in getting around these things, even with a gps, I changed clothes and spent another 30 minutes or so trying to motivate myself to get up and head out to enjoy a gorgeous day in Seattle.

I spent the afternoon at Gas Works Park (for those of you who like the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, this is where they filmed the paintball fight between Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger. I took a picnic lunch and a book and basically read and worked on my tan all afternoon. Then I wandered around downtown, ending up in Chinatown accidentally and stopped for the BEST sushi I've ever had. I had to save it in the GPS as "Best Sushi Ever" because the sign was in Chinese/Japanese. Then I headed back closer to home and caught a movie at a great little theater in Shoreline that shows 2nd run films.

My Examiner.com site went live today with my first article, but due to their ongoing site upgrades, the link doens't work. Go figure. So hopefully, they'll have that resolved sometime tomorrow and I can share my first article with the world. In the meantime, I'll be continuing to sleep on my air mattress and sit in my camp chair praying that the movers are indeed coming Sunday with my belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment